The Bottom Line
- Only focuses on antiques and collectibles!
- Clear step by step information.
- Comprehensive; over 300 pages.
- Excellent general advice on eBay buying and selling.
- It is hard to read the computer screen shots which illustrate the book.
- Focuses on buying and selling antiques and collectibles on eBay.
- Great information on research and bidding strategies.
- By About.com Antiques Guide Pamela Y. Wiggins.
- Useful for eBay buyers as well as sellers; many similar books focus only on eBay sellers.
- 310 pages.
- Illustrated in black and white.
- Illustrations include computer screen shots and a few photos of collectibles
Guide Review - Buying and Selling Antiques and Collectibles on eBay
One definite benefit of this book for doll collectors is that it focuses solely on antique and collectibles on eBay--many, many of the books out there are much broader, and their general advice is very nice if you are selling electronics or new china, but very useless if you are buying and selling dolls. Older items have a very different clientele, researching dolls on eBay is vastly different than researching, say, widgets, and tips to enhance your antique and collectibles auctions wouldn't always work for enhancing electronics auctions (and vice-versa).
Ms. Wiggins manages to provide easy to follow step by steps for the mechanics of buying and selling on eBay without being pedantic. In addition to the basics, you'll find her valuable opinions on the marketplace and how to navigate it as both buyer and seller.
My only criticism of the book is that it is hard to read most of the computer screen shots that illustrate the book, but because the instructions are so clear, it doesn't really distract from the book in a major way. Highly recommended!