The Bottom Line
- Based on popular television show, America's Next Top Model
- Great hair!
- Nicely packaged, especially for the doll in daywear.
- Dolls have stories about their pursuit of a modeling career, just like on the show.
- Neat "before" and "after" photos.
- Fabrics used for clothing are disappointing.
- Do girls really need a doll based on the career of modeling?
- Dolls are available in daywear or in a swimsuit (basic doll).
- America's Next Top Model dolls in daywear have a suggested retail of $19.99.
- America's Next Top Model dolls in in basic wear have a suggested retail of $9.99.
- The dolls are not based on any particular contestants that have apeared on the show.
- There are four dolls in the line--Paisley, Sidney, Sienna and Tascha. So far, Sidney, Sienna and Paisley have een released.
- Each America's Next Top Model doll has her own story
- Dolls are vinyl, with jointing at the neck, shoulders, hips and waist.
- America's Next Top Model currently is shown on the CW Network, 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET on Wednesdays.
Guide Review - America's Next Top Model Dolls
I find the American Next Top Model dolls to be pretty--I especially liked Paisley (for this review, I only had Paisley and Sidney). I also like the body sculpt--hand on the hip is perfect to show off clothing, and the leg stance is nice. Kudos to the full, combable hair which I know little girls will enjoy. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed by the clothing, both the fabrics used and the pedestrian design of the outfits. I know that clothing may not be the point of the America's Next Top Model program, but it is the point of fashion dolls, whether for play or collecting. My favorite piece of clothing was the America's Next Top Model tee-shirt. The shoes were also disappointing--very plastic.
As a mom of a 12 year old, I'm not crazy about the whole "model" thing, but then again, I let my daughter play with Barbie for years, so I can't really object to a play fashion doll on the basis of "it looks like a model." But, at least Barbie has other careers!
The dolls are new on the market, so there is time for the clothing to improve; in fact, I assume that separate clothing will be released, since there are basic dolls in bathing suits, and I'm looking forward to that!