The Bottom Line
- Gorgeous gown features iconic Barbie images.
- Box of mostly clear panels is nice for display.
- The doll celebrates Barbie's 50th Anniversary without being a vintage reproduction.
- Left arm has an unnatural pose.
- Original sequins planned for the doll's bodice were replaced with glitter.
- Generations of Dreams Barbie has a suggested retail of approximately $59.95
- Doll was released in June 2009.
- Generations of Dreams Barbie is available a a Caucasian and an African American doll.
- Barbie artwork and images create a patchwork on the gown, surrownding an inner panel of pink tulle.
- Caucasian doll is blonde, with open mouth.
- Doll wears high-heeled pink sandals.
- Barbie art from each decade since 1959 appears on the doll's gown.
Guide Review - Generations of Dreams Barbie Doll
The Caucasian version of the doll (which was used for this review) has dramatic blue eyes lined in black and highlighted with blue eyeshadow and long blonde hair, pulled back and ending in large curls at the bottom. The doll has one straight arm and one arm bent at the elbow resting on the hip, in a pose much like the Silkstone Barbie pose. The dress also has has A multi-layered pink tulle underskirt and silvery sequins which complete the presentation.
The box has the special 50th Anniversary Barbie tag tied to the outer box in gold ribbon.
There are many other dolls that have been released to honor Barbie's 50th anniversary, including a series of vintage reproduction Barbie dolls in commemorative anniversary boxes.