The Bottom Line
Fun book for those who cannot get enough of bed and breakfast inns and their interiors, but not necessarily a book for doll collectors.
- Great book for bed and breakfast lovers.
- History of Inns and Inn owners are fascinating.
- Useful collectible decorating ideas.
- Not many large collections shown.
- No listing of inns by area of country.
- Photos could be clearer and sharper.
- Histories of Inns and their owners are extensive
- Covers a wide range of collectibles.
- Not very much about dolls, toys or bears.
Guide Review - Book Review: The Inns and Outs of Collecting by Sherry White
A book for the bed and breakfast obsessed! Profiles of over 40 bed and breakfast inns which showcase collectibles are the cornerstone of this book. The histories of the inns and their owners are fascinating--the age of the structures, how the owners got started, and how the collections are displayed. I did find the photography in the book disappointing--the photos are not often clear enough or lighted well enough for inspiration, and sometimes only a few isolated dolls (or other collectibles) are photographed at the inn! I would have also liked to have seen an index of the inns by region to assist travelers. BUT, that said, there are some great display ideas in the book, and its a great read for those who love bed and breakfast inns