The Bottom Line
- Comes With Wonderful Basic Black Outfit.
- Unbelievable 18-points of Articulation--Most for Any Current Fashion Doll.
- Very Limited Edition Of 750 Each Hair Color.
- More Expensive Than Other Basic Fashion Dolls.
- Has Large Feet.
- Knee Jointing Doesn't Allow The Doll To Sit In A Perfect Position.
- Available in 3 Hair Colors--Brunette, Blonde and Redhead.
- Sixteen Inches Tall.
- Separate Outfits Available.
- 18 Points of Articulation.
- Outift includes little black dress with zipper, black purse, dramatic black hat and jewelery.
- Hair of dolls is two-tone
- Suggested Retail: $118.95.
Guide Review - Back To Basics Alexandra Fairchild Ford Doll
If you've been thinking of getting an Alexandra Fairchild Ford fashion doll but haven't yet, now is the time with the introduction of these fully poseable basic Alex dolls. "Back to Basics" Alex is all about the articulation--18 points--which makes her totally poseable. This Alex even has joints in her wrists and feet!
Besides the great articulation, this Basic doll comes with long, thick hair, and a fun, upscale looking "little black dress outfit) that can be the beginning of the doll's wardrobe.
The current line-up of Alex dolls, including the "Back To Basics" are done in extremely limited quantities, generally no more than 750 dolls in each edition.
The Alex line of dolls has a more "dolly" quality than some of the other dolls, with a slightly larger head (more in the style of the larger "Cissy" dolls than other lines of large fashion dolls. Some collectors like this, other's don't. The Alex line of fashion dolls doesn't offer as many outfits as the Gene or Tyler lines, but the outfits that are offered are high-quality in the Madame Alexander tradition, using fine fabrics, linings, etc.