1. Home

How To Fix Dolls With Loose Limbs or Unattached Limbs

By August 2, 2006

Today I walked by my doll cabinet, and the little Ginny doll in the photograph was missing her arms! She wasn't missing her arms yesterday, but today, there she was--armless, with her arms lying at her feet on the shelf. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the doll's stringing elastic had snapped. Fortunately, it is easy to fix dolls with loose limbs or unattached limbs. All you need to do is restring the doll, and I'll teach you how to do it in How To Restring a Doll

Comments

August 16, 2006 at 1:36 pm
(1) Sheryl Worstell Blevins says:

Hello!
I have been repairing & restringing dolls for 20 years. The American Girl dolls are the hardest of all dolls to restring! Have you ever tried it? Do you have any tips for these dolls?
Thanks
Sheryl

May 9, 2009 at 12:18 pm
(2) desperate dad says:

Has anyone ever repaired a Madame Alexander Doll? The head of my child’s doll was “disassembled” by my child, and it is more challenging of a repair than I anticipated. Any tips?

August 11, 2009 at 9:35 am
(3) Barbie says:

Hi, does any one know how to reattach a Toodles doll arm? They are vinyl multi-jointed from the 50s. Do not think they were strung like the hard plastic dolls. Thanks!

February 11, 2010 at 3:26 pm
(4) Barbie mess says:

How do you fix a barbie doll arm??? “:(

March 12, 2010 at 10:22 pm
(5) silversrt says:

You have tested it and writing form your personal experience or you find some information online?

November 14, 2010 at 10:54 am
(6) Denise says:

I have a Crissy Doll that has a tear in the plastic at the neck……..I’m not restoring it for selling but for gift giving. Is there any fix or do we need the Dr.

February 20, 2011 at 2:47 pm
(7) Frances says:

Fix a Barbie arm by dipping it in boiling water. First bring a glass bowl of water to boil in the microwave. Then remove it from the microwave, and dip the top of the arm in until the vinyl becomes slightly bendable. Then it can be popped back into the doll’s torso with ease.

March 20, 2011 at 11:00 pm
(8) Crystal says:

I have a doll who’s arm just popped off. It was brought at Wal-mart in 2000 and I don’t remember what brand she is. Her neck doesn’t untie. I’m ready just to cut her open and try to attach her arm back on that way… any suggestions?