1. Home

Remembering Pat Kolesar

By June 3, 2006

Pat Kolesar, well-known doll and bear artist and a fixture at doll and bear conventions as well as on home shopping channels, died on Wednesday. Even if you didn't know Pat personally, chances are you knew who she was--her purple hair and her bright smile and personality added joy to many doll events. Her dolls and bears were sold by several companies, including Barton Creek. Funeral arrangements are being completed now. Her family has requested that in lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to the American Cancer Society or the Pulmonary Hypertension Association. Everyone in the doll world extends our deepest sympathies to her husband Don and their children and grandchildren.

Comments

June 8, 2006 at 4:05 pm
(1) Carol from Bethlehem, PA says:

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of such a fun and creative woman. Two members of our doll club are special fans of Pat and her work. They presented an educational meeting to our members and showed their fine collections of Pat’s dolls. We all became fans and appreciated her very unique and special creations. My deepest sympathies to all family and friends close to Pat. She will be missed in the doll world as well.

June 8, 2006 at 4:26 pm
(2) JuDee Korta says:

Pat was one of my very best friends. I talked to her every day. She was truly a one of a kind and will never be replaced. I am so happy that I had the opportunity to have her as one of my friends. She will be missed every day by myself and all the roommates at UFDC Conventions.
JuDee Korta

June 8, 2006 at 5:15 pm
(3) PEGGY GILLIO says:

PAT WAS SUCH A COLORFULL CHARACTER AND A REAL HOOT! SHE WAS KIND TO ALL AND HER CREATIONS WILL ENDURE AS HER LEGACY TO THE DOLL WORLD. I AM SURE SHE IS PAINTING ALL THE CLOUDS IN HEAVEN PINK AND PURPLE!!

June 8, 2006 at 7:13 pm
(4) Lori King says:

Like her creations, Pat was unique. I have the pleasure of owning several of her dolls plus a rabbit, a pig and a donkey – all of them bring a smile to my face. Pat was out-spoken, full of vinegar, and always fun to be around. The doll world is truly poorer with her passing.

June 8, 2006 at 8:38 pm
(5) Lynn Northrup says:

What a tragic loss to the doll & bear community. I first met Pat 6 years ago at a Collector’s United Convention. I will miss her wonderful personality.

June 9, 2006 at 12:39 am
(6) Cindy Lint says:

I only have one of Pats little dolls, but I will treasure it always. It is such a wonderful doll with a pumpkin for a body, I happily display it every fall. Such a happy whimsical little character.

June 9, 2006 at 5:24 am
(7) cee says:

Meeting Pat @ UFDC convention, was one of the reasons I keep coming back year after year! She was quick to respond with helpful insight to my query: how the made by owner bear category had been judged. Also she encouraged me to try again, and when I did, she remembered my prior entry and gave more depth to her friendly & open critique. Pat will always stay alive in my memories!

June 11, 2006 at 1:34 pm
(8) Peggy Yale says:

I AM SO SAD TO HEAR OF PAT`S DEATH. I MET HER MANY YEARS AGO AT UFDC.WE ALWAYS HAD A GREAT LAUGH TOGETHER,I called her my almost twin as her birthday was 4-19 & mine was 4-20.SHE WILL BE MISSED BY ALL!!

June 16, 2006 at 12:22 pm
(9) Barrei says:

Cinnamon, sugar, allspice, nutmeg…sunshine, moonbeams, laughter…warmth and love…humor, lots n’ lots of humor…wonderful conversations about us being a grandma for the first times… these all add up to my Pat. I will miss our times together at UFDC! Barrie

June 18, 2006 at 3:38 am
(10) Valarie Fullone says:

Pat was one of a kind, just like some of her art I have of hers. She was so refreshing with her strange, whimsical and wonderfully bizarre babies. I am such a fan that I got my hands on four of her prototypes that never went into production. One of which the doll is wearing a hand sewn pajama outfil made from a kimona she cut up that her husband brought back from the orient for Pat.

June 18, 2006 at 3:43 am
(11) valarie says:

would love to talk with other Pat fans

June 21, 2006 at 11:22 pm
(12) Bonnie Von Stein says:

Pat is well remembered in the doll and bear world as one of our most colorful characters. I was not a close personal friend but always enjoyed seeing her and conversing at convention. The year we shared the same banquet table is one of my most memorable. She is already missed.

June 23, 2006 at 2:26 pm
(13) Alison McMahon Johnson says:

This is a woman I would love to have met and spent time with talking about dolls and hair secrets. I will send her photo to my husband, who hates my pink hair, hair which I find wholly satisfying: it brings a smile to the faces of people I meet (in most cases….)
I will look for pictures of her dolls.

June 6, 2007 at 11:11 pm
(14) Lucy says:

Strange-I just pulled out a tiny tummies traveler doll by Pat from my drawer. I collect and sell all hawaiian items-and this struck me strange. Happened just now-and I googled to hear of her demise. So sorry. I send her family my deepest sympathy.. Lucysgoodies- ebay